Monday, September 2, 2013

Next stop, Madison!

Well that's weird. In my mind, I had written a blog post or two on updates post Xterra Portland. Turns out reality does not agree and I've left some loose ends out there....
So first of all- the big news is I'm racing Ironman Wisconsin this weekend on September 8th! Last year, I had one of my best showings in Wisconsin (race report here) and I'm excited to get back to Madison, see my most wonderful homestay Joann, and give my very best this Sunday.

The good news is, I believe the very best I have to give is leaps better than my very best just a couple of months ago. After getting some things sorted with my health and having a full focused training block in Bend, OR I'm feeling more than ready and can't wait to get to the start line to see what I've got.

So, that's the NOW. Here's the last couple of weeks: Wrapped up time in Bend, Or with a massive 500-ish mile "bike week"
Heading up McKenzie pass with Zoot teammate Jen Leubke
Sunset spin on the Evo roadie
the less glam side of bike week- trainer time! 
enjoying a trail run out the front door

After wrapping up the Bend block, we headed to Lake Tahoe, CA for a couple days at altitude and visiting with our friends, the Blancos... Enjoyed a beautiful lake swim in Donner Lake and a 5 hour ride on parts of the Ironman Lake Tahoe bike course and around the lake. (p.s. that Ironman course is NOT easy. not even close.)

post 2.4 mi swim in Donner Lake
Coming around Emerald Bay on Lake Tahoe...
 Got home to Cardiff, CA last Thursday and have been treated to a heat wave (LOVE a good heat wave) and as wonderful as the summer away has been, I'm always reminded there is always no place like home...
 Catch you soon from Madison, Wisconsin!!!

6 comments:

JC said...

Yeah to ironman week for you. Looking forward o tracking your speedy bootay online. Goooo Beth. I disagree with the less glam side of things on the trainer...your hair looks pretty chicalore;). Go get this weekend woman!

sunnyrunning.com said...

Good luck. Madison looks like a fun race.

Maggie said...

Good luck Beth!! Can't wait to see you rock it in Wisconsin!

Jennifer Ward Barber said...

Go get 'em, Tiger!

Unknown said...

Crush it!

GoBigGreen said...

Oh Beth, best of luck. My mom is having her knee replaced so i cant be there to cheer you on but i know you will do great. Will miss seeing you again:)