Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Aloha!

You may be wondering what the heck I'm doing in Kona, Hawaii for a month seeing as how I'm not racing the Ironman World Championships on October 12th....

Well, turns out I have not had a professional photographer following me on all my training sessions taking cool Instagram shots over the past few months...There is indeed a boy (shocker, I know ;)... And he happens to be racing the big race in Hawaii on October 12th and I am more than thrilled to be #1 support crew for him. (Well, I'll have to fight his Dad, mom, & sister for the #1 title, but I'm pretty scrappy, so put your $ on me please).

Luke's been top 10 in the professional field here before and after watching his preparation and seeing his current form, I'm pretty excited to see how the Ironman World Champs unfold this year. As he's been my #1 supporter over the past few months helping me turn around a bumpy season, I can't wait to be the one doing all the supporting. For someone that puts seemingly everything into his job as a triathlete, he somehow puts even more into making life happy and good, which amazes me daily.
Luke in Kona, 2012


As for me, I'm hunkering down getting back to full-on training after Ironman Wisconsin and loving the new scenery in Hawaii. The end of the year holds some fun racing- Miami 70.3 followed by an olympic distance race in the Bahamas, then finishing the year with another trip down under I believe... Yeah, so far so good on my "leave of absence" from work. I'm enjoying every minute, even sitting on the side of the Queek K in a torrential downpour with a flat tire. Because, hey, if that's my worst problem right now..... I'm doing alright.

As I wrote here on Jan 1st, 2013... Find Peace, Give Love, Dream Big. Thanks to L, giving love is pretty darn easy.


10 comments:

sunnyrunning.com said...

I actually seriously thought you stopped and set up those photos with a timer or something. Clearly I do not understand the Instagrams.

goSonja said...

Livin the dream baby! I've really enjoyed all those stunning photos. :)

marian said...

very happy for you!

enjoy kona!

Katie said...

yeahhhhhhhhh girl!! this post makes me happy

Tawnee Prazak, M.S., CSCS said...

There it is! ;)

GoBigGreen said...

:) have fun Beth!!! Happy you are happy!

katstracks.com said...

Woohoo love! And Hawaii! That is all :)

Steph Corker said...

Oh man! LOVE on the other side of the (divorce) tracks is just the sweetest. Keep on livin' the aloha dream! Can't wait to watch you crush 2014!

thepumpkinsdiary said...

LOVE! :)

Born To Endure said...

Whoaaa good for you!!!! Have fun in Kona.