Monday, December 30, 2013

Mission Accomplished.

The month I just spent Australia is an experience I'll never forget. I'm so lucky to have had so many wonderful people  over there take such good care of me and I feel like I got to experience more in a month than many do in a year...

But, as always, there's no place like home. I must admit I was most excited to return to all the "little things" like:
- asking for ketchup at a restaurant and not getting a blank stare,
- driving my car & riding my bike on the right side of the road- not always praying for my life that i looked the wrong way or turned into the wrong lane
- going to Masters at the Encinitas YMCA
-the Whole Foods salad bar
-seeing my friends and having training buddies (though w/some we did a pretty bang-up job of keeping up via snapchat) while I was away.

And when this is home on the last week in December.....I really can't imagine anywhere else I'd rather be. Seriously, this kind of weather forecast should be a joke. Wait, is it?
#winter


The last few days in Australia were spent on Luke's sister's boyfriend's boat (you follow me?) and a perfect Christmas celebration with his family.
#onaboat
On Christmas morning I flew home, and thanks to the international date line, was treated to a second Christmas when I actually arrived in California. And by "treated", I mean walking around in a foggy jetlagged haze wandering from CVS to 7-11 trying to find something, anything!, to eat on Christmas (I found eggs)... and since Keith had left me some cupcakes, for Christmas #2 I ate eggs and cupcakes. winning!


I feel very lucky this year. I really struggled in closing out 2012 and though long and hard about how to make 2013 different.

My 2013 New Years resolutions were:
Find Peace.
Give Love.
Dream Big.

To everyone who helped me take 2013 from pulling up the bootstraps and trudging through to that "I can't imagine being happier" life.... Thank you.
Mission accomplished.


4 comments:

sunnyrunning.com said...

you use snapchat?

GoBigGreen said...

Happy New Year Beth!

sabina moon said...

Excellent blog you’ve got here. It’s difficult to find high-quality writing like yours nowadays. I really appreciate individuals like you! Take care!! You can visit my site.
Starting out in triathlons

Maggie said...

Congrats on an amazing 2013! And I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't be over the moon spending 2013 in either Encinitas or Australia... sounds like an awesome experience!