Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Nesting- Preparing "The Office"


While I'm taking care of organizing and decorating the nursery, Luke has completed another important project in preparation for the baby's arrival: The home office.
Not your typical home office, ours is less computer/printer/desk and more treadmill/turbo/gym... After all, one or both of us may need to spend more time at home pretty soon while still getting the job done.. Lots of people have a "pain cave", "wattage cottage", "dungeon", whatever you like to call it, but we keep it pro around here ;)..
Have a look... welcome to our office:

Serious business only please.

come on in....
Hard to tell what's going on at first...


We've got the strength corner: TRX, pull up bar, box, BOSU, Squat rack (bar is coming), captain's chair


and endurance athlete essential tools... dumbbells, foam roller, TP Therapy Grid, medicine ball

Then... the "work station" .... Lemond trainer turbo setup, treadmill, whiteboard to track workouts, mirror for form, TV w/ bluetooth wireless headphones, Hypoxico Altitude generator & training mask, fan, photos & inspiration from races.. (also on the door you see resistance bands & jump ropes- we LOVE jump rope).
I call this the refueling and recharging station- All the Garmins (& GoPro) sit on top of the Chocolate Milk fridge... Luke empties this fridge at an alarming rate.


I know @therealstarky prefers white milk, but we keep the brown cows in business over here



Shoes & Sunnies..... My Zoots fight for space with his Sauconys but the Smiths live in harmony up top (we share...) . Getting another shelf to stack on this one to make room for more shoes, right now we're only allowed whatever is in current rotation as space is a premium!
trophy/memorabilia corner
That's pretty much it... Not a lot of space- just a converted single car garage.... but enough to get the job done...Now show me your office....





14 comments:

sakurastepbystep said...

oh man! that is seriously great. Sending this to my bf.... hehe :)

Jennifer Ward Barber said...

I love this! Ending all my workouts at your house from here on in. You'll wish you hadn't posted this...

Lucho said...

Dayum, you guys are doing it right! So jealous. All I have is a 200 pound log that I flip. In the snow. And a beard.

Alison said...

I just did a "pain cave" post not too long ago... although yours is way fancier!
http://yearofalison.blogspot.ca/2014/02/the-pain-cave.html

sunnyrunning.com said...

I kind of want this.

JC said...

NICE! Wow - I WANT THIS!

KALeigh said...

Seriously? I'm not even a triathelete and I think that is a sick set up. Personally, I'm most jealous of the sunglasses collection. I'm sure there's a good pair for sailing in there...or nursing.

KALeigh said...

Seriously? I'm not even a triathelete and I think that is a sick set up. Personally, I'm most jealous of the sunglasses collection. I'm sure there's a good pair for sailing in there...or nursing.

Thomas Thomasfundas said...

Thanks for sharing nice information Heating and cooling Toronto

Arnold said...

Nice posting Hamilton Heating and Cooling

sara david said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
John Cena said...

This is really fantastic blog i like it.
Heating and Air Conditioning

Ramon Johnson said...

PCS Consultants, Inc. specializes in on-site forklift operator training and certification for business owners and "hands on" forklift operator training for individuals at your place of employment. For many years, our instructors have been providing in-depth Forklift Certification Training. Everything we do is backed by our 30 years of combined experience and our hands-on approach. Knowing what to do in an emergency can make a world of difference. Forklift Training

Ramon Johnson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.